NAVIGATING MEAT PROTEIN SUPPLY CHALLENGES DURING COVID19 PANDEMIC
J.S. Ferraro launches Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help clients manage continuity of meat procurement needs amidst the pandemic
TORONTO, ON, March 16, 2020: As Coronavirus (COVID-19) becomes an evolving and uncertain public health and economic issue affecting nations and businesses across the globe, J.S. Ferraro is launching a list of Frequently Asked Questions to help clients stay up to date on the impact to meat supply chains.
As an essential part of the food supply chain, J.S. Ferraro remains committed to tracking the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and offering up to date information regarding the most pressing questions that client partners have about meat availability throughout the pandemic. Some of the FAQs include:
- What changes can we expect to our meat sourcing needs?
- Will there be delays in securing meat cuts during this time
- What can I do to ensure meat my procurement needs are met?
In addition to the launch of Frequently Asked Questions, J.S. Ferraro is also taking 5 important steps to ensure the safety of their team, while continuing to service the meat procurement needs of client partners.
- J.S. Ferraro has provided each employee with remote working capability.
- J.S. Ferraro has implemented CoVid awareness and social distancing guidelines to help keep staff safe and healthy.
- J.S. Ferraro is monitoring team members temperatures daily and have built contingency plans around team role redundancy.
- J.S. Ferraro is working closely with logistical partners to ensure they have business continuity plans in place.
- J.S. Ferraro is monitoring meat and livestock markets fiercely and are committed to sharing the latest news on CoVid’s impact to meat supply and demand.
CEO Alexander Cave emphasizes the importance of this new website addition, saying that “The evolving nature of this event requires us to be adaptable to market situations and a FAQ page allows us to share up to date information with our client partners to help ease the uncertainty everyone is feeling during this tenuous environment.”
J.S. Ferraro offers risk management, meat procurement and supply chain services along with market intelligence resources to help retailers, food service providers and value-added processors get an end-to-end view of their supply chain and handle market uncertainty with confidence.
Senior Vice President Marketing & CX
(416) 306-8788 ext 2259