President | Global AgriTrends
Brett Stuart is one of the founding partners of Global AgriTrends. He was formerly employed by the U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF) as their lead economist. In this capacity he conducted numerous research and analysis projects in the global meat trade area as well as advising U.S. trade officials on international meat access issues. As part of these responsibilities Brett conducted on-the-ground meat industry research around the globe.
Prior to his work with the federation, Brett was the Assistant Manager of Marketing for AgReserves, Inc, and was heavily involved with a variety of livestock marketing strategies.
Brett’s specific international market research includes:
- Co-authored, “The vital role of science in global policy decision-making: an analysis of past, current, and forecasted trends and issues in global red meat trade and policy”. International Congress of Meat Science and Technology Journal, 2005.
- Market analysis and recommended strategies for U.S. meats in the Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Australia, South Africa, Tunisia, and Morocco.
- Business planning and research for exporting U.S. products to Europe.
- Research and recommendations for revisions to the Japan gate price system for pork.
- Joint planning and cooperation with Mexican meat producers to build meat consumption in Mexico.